General manager of AgroTech Innovations Ltd
Nicos Larkos holds a Bachelor of Science – BSc degree of the School of Agriculture of the Aristotle University of Thessalonica, AUTH, a Master of Science – MSc degree of the School of Agriculture of the Aristotle University of Thessalonica, AUTH, Department of Field Crops and Ecology, additional Master of Science – MSc degree by research of the School of Agriculture of the Aristotle University of Thessalonica AUTH, Department of Hydraulics, Soil Science and Agricultural Engineering, Diploma in Business Management and Leadership of City and Guilds of the London Institute, and a Master of Science – MSc degree in Business Management with a specialization in Strategic Management of the Mediterranean Institute of Management.
His previous work experience includes employment in public and private organizations in Greece and Cyprus, starting as a sales consultant of chemical reagents and consumables for analytical laboratories, of Sigma – Aldrich and Merck products distributed in Thessaloniki by Biblis Anastasios Ltd and then as an agricultural inspector at the Hellenic Agricultural Insurance Organization (ELGA) in Veroia. Returning to his birthplace, he was employed as a field agronomist and production manager at S & G HERBS FARM, which produces for Alion Vegetables and Fruits Co Ltd one the largest exporting companies of Cyprus. Subsequently Nicos Larkos worked as a sales manager and technical director of Premier Shukuroglou Cyprus Ltd, a distributor of agricultural goods. The last stop before the start of his new career was the Cyprus University of Technology as a research associate.
Some of the main qualifications he acquired throughout his carrier are,
- High technical training and field experience on agri-food issues.
- Optimal communication, networking and administration skills.
- Design, planning, organization and execution of multifactorial business action plans.
- Development of new business ventures and actions.
- Conducting promotional and dissemination plans through various channels (internet,social media, radio, television, direct marketing) and actions (field days, seminars,exhibitions, training workshops, meetings).
- Research, recording and evaluation of external and internal market factors.
- Organization, guidance and management of human resources.
- Creation of business plans, promotional and dissemination plans, strategic business plansand budget plans.
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant legislation and the common agricultural policy of theEuropean Union.
- A culture of continuous learning, training and development through all available sourcesof research, innovation and technology.
Nicos Larkos is the owner and executive director of Agrotech Innovations Ltd, a company that aims to offer consulting and supportive services to various stakeholders and organizations active in the Agri-Food sector.
Since 2004 he has participated in dozens of seminars – conferences – educational programs on agriculture, business management, business strategy, change management and others.
Nicos has been recently prequalified as a local advisor for micro, small and medium sized enterprises by EBRD (European Bank of Reconstruction and Development) for the fields of, a) Strategy, b) Organisation, c) Operations, d) Marketing and e) Environmental Management.
Nicos counts 13 years of active work in the field of agriculture, research and development in the agricultural sector and strong friction in the issues of entrepreneurship and business management, through the positions he held so far and overall business ventures. Now also through his own enterprise, involved in the development of entrepreneurship in agriculture, maximization of active young farmers, participation in European funding and research schemes, promotion of innovative approaches and use of new technology, exploitation of rural development financial instruments, investment funds and strategic development of companies, hopes to make Cyprus a center of excellence for European and international business development of the agri-food sector.
+(357) 99 487086
32, Agisilaou str. ,